The role of the Indian Advisory Council is to assist its Indian Member Council in guiding the work of the Institute. The Council oversees the academic programmes and activities of the Institute. The term of Indian Advisory Council is for five years. The Ministry of Education(MoE) nominates four non-official members (Academics). It is chaired by the Secretary, Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE). The other official members are representatives from High Commission of Canada to India, Ministry of External Affairs and University Grants Commission.
The members of the newly reconstituted Indian Advisory Council are as follows:
- Secretary, Ministry of Education (MoE) (Currently Shri K Sanjay Murthy)[Chair person]
- High Commissioner of Canada to India,(Currently H.E. Cameron MacKay)
- Representative from Ministry of External Affairs.
- Chairman, University Grants Commission (Currently Prof. M. Jagadesh Kumar)
- Prof. B. Hariharan, President, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
- Prof. Chiranjib Sen, School of Continuing Education & University Resource Centre, Azim Premji University
- Prof. Rishikesha T. Krishnan,Professor of Strategy, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Prof. Rajiv O. Dusane, Dean International Relations and Professor of Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Prof. Rajani Ranjan Jha, Professor, Department of Political Science & Faculty of Social Science & Director, Canadian Studies Development Programme, Banaras Hindu University
- Director, India Office, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute