- Post Summit Report on "Vice Chancellors’ & Presidents’ Summit 2019” held at Hotel Taj Mahal, New Delhi on November 25-26, 2019
- Report on the Conference “Engaging India and Canada: Gandhian Approach to Sustainable Development Goals ” held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on April 29, 2019
- Report on the Conference “Engaging India and Canada: Challenges of Sustainable Development Goals” held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on June 8-9, 2018
- Report on the "Bilateral India-Quebec workshop on Climate Changes” held at Hotel Le Meridien on 15 February 2018.
- Report on the Conference " Engaging India and Canada: Perspectives on Sustainability " held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on May 11-12, 2017.
- Report on the Indo-Canadian Workshop on “Entrepreneurial Universities: The Future of Indian Universities”organized by the SICI in collaboration with NALSAR,Hyderabad on 28th November 2016.”
- Report on the Conference “Engaging India and Canada: Landmarks and Roadmaps for Global Educational Collaboration between Canada and India” held at New Delhi on May 28th, 2016
- Report on“Current/Future Role of Food Science and Technology to Deliver Felt-needs of Consumers in India‟organised by IIT Bombay & SICI, New Delhi, in the framework of MHRD-GIAN programme.”-22 December,2016
- Press release for "Canada-India Education Conference" held on May 15th ,2015 at Université Laval in Quebec City, Canada.
- News release on Shastri Institute's participation in the 4th Global University-Industry Congress & Higher Education Summit and Knowledgexpo on November 20-21, 2014.
- News release for Seminar on ‘Engaging Canada: Developing Sustainable Bi-national Partnerships’ on November 12, 2014 at Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi.
- News release of the conference “Engaging Canada: Emerging Priorities for Sustainable Partnerships”-May 30, 2014.
- Report on the Conference "Engaging Canada and India in Higher Education: Challenges and Opportunities in Multilevel Trends and Sustainable Partnerships" - 9 May 2014.
- Report on the roundtable " The Role of Colleges and Vocational Training Institutes in Canada-India Higher Education Corridor: Unlocking its full potential"- 24 April , 2014.
- Shastri Institute’s BYID Public Engagement Event held in Ottawa -March 11th 2014
- Unlocking Potential: Future of Canada India Partnership Ottawa Roundtable- 19 November , 2013.
- Knowledge session on “Engaging Canada and India: Networking for Quality Improvement"- 12 November 2013.
- India-Canada Education Summit 2011
India Canada Collaboration in Higher education – The Road Ahead: 2013
Shastri Institute held a Roundtable on “India Canada Collaboration in Higher education – The Road Ahead” on February 17, 2013 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. Around 40 senior educational administrators including Vice Chancellors, Directors, Deans and Canadian Studies Directors of different Universities/ Institutions (IITs, IIMs, Central/ State Universities, Centres of Excellence in Research and National Law Schools) attended the Roundtable Meeting. Mr.Simon Cridland, Head Advocacy Division, High Commission of Canada, Shastri President, Prof. Ranbir Singh, Vice-President Prof. Shanthi Johnson and Executive Council Member, Dr.Biju Paul Abraham were present at the meeting along with former Presidents of Shastri Institute- Dr. Chiranjib Sen and Dr. A.S.Narang. The report on the deliberations held during the Roundtable is now available here.
Legal Conference 2013
SICI New Delhi organized a national level legal conference on" Role of legal education in the changing Economic world" under Engaging Canada Series funded by DFAIT, Canada. This Event brought together over 25 participants from different parts of country including Vice- Chancellors, Deans and Faculties. read more...
Kanta Marwah Lecture Series 2012
Dr. Kanta Marwah Lecture Series, one of annual events of the Shastri Indo- Canadian Institute (SICI), was organized at Bose Auditorium of IIT Roorkee by the Department of Physics and SICI on 24th September 2012.
The inaugural function was started with the Kul Geet. The persons present on the dais were Prof Anuradda Ganesh - Guest Speaker, Dr. Pradipta Banerjee -Director IIT Roorkee, Prof Ashok Jain - Convener, Dr Prachi Kaul and Ms Sanghamitra Jana Chatterjee - Representatives from SICI. Dr. Banerjee, in his welcome address, brought out the importance of this type of lecture initiative and also introduced the guest speaker. This was followed by opening remarks and an introduction to Dr Kanta Marwah and SICI by Ms Chatterjee.
The inaugural function was followed by the special invited lecture on Bio – Energy for Uttarakhand and learning from Canadian experiences. Dr Ganesh who is a Professor from Department of Energy Sciences and Engineering of IIT Bombay, talked about Uttarakhand which is rich in Himalayan vegetation and known for the availability of large amounts of biomass, e.g. pine needles which is slowly being discovered as a potential fuel source for the number of small and medium scale industries around. She highlighted that the so called unorganized sector is being exploited by a few entrepreneurs. She emphasised on the need to design a utilization pattern so that the biomass is used effectively and developed for use in the organized sector. Since Canada has vast experience in using the forest based biomass and has developed many technologies for the effective use, there is a lot to learn from them. Few examples were highlighted and potential areas for Indo-Canadian collaboration were suggested. The lecture got an overwhelming response and was attended by almost 100 students and faculties from different disciplines.