GTranslate

SHASTRI MOBILITY PROGRAMME (SMP)

Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for applications for Shastri Mobility Programme (SMP) for the faculty members/ educational administrators from its Canadian and Indian Member Institutions of good standing to study and learn best practices of partner country. This programme is for SICI’s Member Institutions who wish to bring about a change in his/her university by understanding the Canadian/Indian education system, interested to develop curriculum on the pattern of partner country,willing to build up a course, wants to deliver lectures or interested to teach a module/part of a course via online teaching methods. For more details, kindly refer COVID-19 policy of the Institute.

ThisProgramme has two components i.e. Academicians and Educational Administrators. The programme will provide an opportunity for personal enrichment and professional development for academicians/ educational administrators.  The programme will enable higher education officials to create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of Canada and India. Recipients will have an opportunity to learn about the host country’s education system as well as establishing networks. This experience will also permit senior academicians/ educational administrators to collaborate with colleagues abroad, share professional experiences, hone expertise and diversify academic curricula. The Institute welcomes proposal from all domains of knowledge/ discipline under SMP.

Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.

Eligibility:

  • The applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
  • Faculty members/Educational administrators of Canadian and Indian member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and their constituent colleges/ institutes are eligible to apply for this grant.

Application Requirements:

  • Complete application form along with all required documents at GMS Portal on or before August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).
  • Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
  • Employer’s endorsement is a must for application submission to avoid any unanticipated problem later on.
  • Minimum of two reference/support letters to be provided towards your candidature for the award mentioning your caliber.
  • A letter of invitation from the host institution is must.
  • Certificate of Ethical Approval (if applicable).

Code of Ethics:

Please be advised to follow ‘Policy on Academic Integrity and Code of Ethics (PAICE)’ governing the programmes administered by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.

Value of Award:

Value of Award: 500-1000 CAD (Insofar as not provided by the applicant’s home institution, expenses related to subscription of online meeting software, telephone bills, internet connection, affiliation fee/registration fee to access lab facility or library will be considered, if any).
 

Duration: 3 weeks

Disbursement of Funds:

90% of the award amount will be disbursed upon signing of letter of agreement between SICI and recipient’s institutionand remaining 10% to be released upon submission and approval of a final report to SICI by the recipient.

Application Forms: Apply online at GMS portal   https://www.sicigms.org/login

Reporting: Applicable to successful applicant only. Upload your midterm and final reports in prescribed format  at https://www.sicigms.org/login

Report Format for Indian: 

Mid-Term Report: Form

Final Report:  Form

Report Format for Canadian: 

Mid-Term Report: Form

Final Report: Form

Employer EndorsementForm 

Application Deadline: August 17, 2020 by 5:00 pm (IST).

Contact Address:

Ms. Reshma Rana Verma

Programme Officer
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (SICI)
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi 110001 INDIA
Call us at: 011 – 2374 6417; 2374 3114; & 2374 2677
Email:siciapplications@sici.org.in

Important Note:

  1. All the Grants/Fellowships will be subject to receipt of funds from MHRD, Govt. of India. 
  2. *Shastri Institute reserves the right to change fellowship amount and number of awards.
  3. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification. 
  4. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
  5. In case the applicant faces trouble in registration or uploading file on the GMS , please write to us at siciapplications@sici.org.in
  6. The maximum limit to upload individual file on GMS Portal is 1 MB. Kindly compress your files if exceeding 1 MB size. All files to be submitted/uploaded must be of .pdf file extension (jpeg/jpg etc. are not allowed).
  7. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
  8. The decision of Adjudicators with respect to awards will be considered as Final decision.

View Sample Proposal Here : https://www.shastriinstitute.org/sites/default/files/application_SMP.pdf