Quebec Tuition Fee Exemptions for Indian Students enables Indian students to study in any of the nineteen (19) Quebec Universities on Québec domestic fees (the international fee for Indian students is generally three times more than the domestic fee). In order to avail this tuition fee exemption an Indian student must pursue full-time study at Master’s or Doctoral level in a Québec university such as McGill University, Concordia University and University of Montreal. The numbers of students who can avail supplemental tuition fee exemptions are fifteen (15) at the Master’s level and fourteen (14) at the Doctoral level at any point of time.
PRIORITY AREAS OF STUDIES CONDITIONS ON DOMESTIC TUITION FEE
- Quebec studies and the teaching of the French language;
- Education and pedagogical innovation;
- Multimedia and information technologies;
- Social Sciences and Humanities;
- Natural Sciences and Engineering;
- Public administration;
- Business administration, financial services and management;
- Environmental science;
- Health and life sciences.
HOW TO APPLY
The students planning to pursue the Master’s or Doctoral degree at Québec universities must apply directly to any of the English or French universities of Québec.
On acceptance by the university the Doctoral/Master’s level students must apply in the prescribed proforma to the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute along with the acceptance/admission letter issued by the concerned university from Québec.
The students who have already started their courses towards the Master’s or Doctoral degree at Québec universities are also eligible to send their applications.
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute will select through an Adjudication process Master’s level and Doctoral level for supplemental tuition fee exemption from the application received.
Send the documents listed below to the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, which is responsible for selecting candidates:
- Your most recent transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of your valid Indian passport;
- Letter of confirmation of admission to a Master’s or Ph.D. programme at an institution of higher education in Quebec
- Explaining your interest to study in the proposed Québec institution
- Description of any other relevant work or achievement
- Completed Application Form for an Exemption from Differential Tuition Fees (http://shastriinstitute.org/grants-awards-and-opportunities-for-indian-c...) and any required documents
- two letters of recommendation from educational institutions you have attended;
- Have some knowledge of French, which is desirous, but not mandatory. However, the student can enroll in an elementary course in French from any institution in Québec.
Each supplemental tuition fee exemption is granted for full-time study for a maximum duration of:
- two (2) years for a graduate programme at the Master’s level (short programmes and specialised advanced degrees are excluded);
- three (3) years for a graduate programme at the Doctoral (Ph.D.) level (short doctoral programmes are excluded).
A student cannot receive an exemption beyond the normal duration of his or her programme, even if the exemption is granted during a semester subsequent to the one in which he or she joined the programme. Students enrolled in qualifying, preparatory or upgrading studies will be eligible for an exemption for a maximum of one year. Following this, they must enroll in a regular programme in order to continue to receive the exemption.
CONDITIONS ON DOMESTIC TUITION FEE
- In the event that students change programme or educational institution, they must receive the authorization beforehand from the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute and the respective Québec University in order to retain their exemption. This change must not prolong the duration of study or, as a result, the exemption period. A programme change that is not authorised will result in the withdrawal of the exemption.
- Supplemental tuition fee exemptions may be withdrawn if students do not satisfy the requirements of the programme in which they are enrolled or if they breach a regulation of the educational institution they are attending.
- To retain the exemption, the student must study full-time programme for which the exemption has been granted.
- If the Québec University withdraws an exemption from an Indian student, the Québec University will inform the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute (in writing) of the reasons for this decision and will delete the student’s name from the list of Indian students receiving supplemental tuition fee exemption.
- An Indian student cannot receive a supplemental tuition fee exemption more than once unless the student proceeds to a more advanced level of study.
STEP BY STEP PROCESS FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
The Québec supplemental tuition fee exemptions for Indian students is carried out through a transparent procedure involving the concerned Québec institution and Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. The application should be sent to the respective institutions or universities in which the candidate is interested. The respective institutions or universities scrutinize the merit of the application and issue a letter of admission to the selected candidate. Then the selected candidate needs to fill the application proforma and send it to the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute along with the letter of admission as issued by the concerned institution or university, clearly stating that the mentioned candidate has been selected by the institution or university for admission. The student must apply for a study permit with the relevant document in compliance with Canadian immigration regulations and a Québec Certificate of Acceptance issued by the Ministére de l’lmmigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec.
PROCESS OF SENDING THE APPLICATIONS
One electronic copy of the application form (all document saved in PDF and stored in zipped folder) be send to us at email@example.com . Applications received on any other email will not be entertained.
One paper copy with original signature must be received at the following address:
Dr. Prachi Kaul
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5, Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi - 110001
LAST DATE OF RECEIVING OF APPLICATIONS:
April 14, 2015
For more information or query, contact Dr. Prachi Kaul at the India Office:
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
5 Bhai Vir Singh Marg
New Delhi, India 110 001